Tracey has had an active role in Parliament representing all Chatham and Aylesford constituents on both local and national issues which may affect them.
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Sport, Gambling, Civil Society & Loneliness. May 2015- Present.
Tracey has served as a member of several committees that feed straight into Government. House of Commons Select Committees are largely concerned with examining the work of government departments. They check and report on areas ranging from the work of government departments to economic affairs. The results of these inquiries are public and many require a response from the government. As well as these statutory bodies Tracey also sat on other national committeees.
Select Committee Memberships:
- Tracey was elected as a member of the Culture, Media & Sport Select Committee in 2012
- Tracey was elected as a member of the Political & Constitutional Reform Committee in 2013
Other Pre-Ministerial Committee Membership:
- Tracey was appointed to the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, Rt Hon Maria Miller's, Women in Sport Advisory Board in 2013
- Chair of Pet Advisory Committee
- Trustee of Women’s Sport and Fitness Foundation
Tracey has been a member of a number of many All-Party Parliamentary Groups, these are groups Politicians can join to raise awareness of issues people feel are underrepresented in Parliament or are of concern. The groups aim to take positive actions in encouraging the Government to move forward on the issues and ensure that there is ample representation on behalf of the people affected by the issue.
Previous APPG Chairmanships:
- Vice Chair of All Party Parliamentary Group on Dementia
- Chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group for Mindfulness
Previous APPG Memberships:
- All Party Parliamentary Group for Athletics
- All Party Parliamentary Group for Old People and Housing
- All Party Parliamentary Group for Carers
- All Party Parliamentary Group for Complex Needs and Dual Diagnosis
- All Party Parliamentary Flood Prevention Group
- All Party Parliamentary Group on Debt and Personal Finance
- All Party Parliamentary Football Group
- All Party Parliamentary Rugby League Group
- All Party Parliamentary Group for Financial Education for Young People
- All Party Parliamentary Group for Intergenerational Futures
- All Party Parliamentary Group for Shipbuilding and Ship Repair
- UK Falkland Island All Party Parliamentary Group
Tracey also spent a lot of her time both in Parliament and in the Constituency campaigning on important local issues and for local causes.
- Patron, Conservatives Against Fox Hunting
- President of RSPCA Medway
- Honorary member of the Royal Engineers
- Honorary member of the Friends of Mental Health, West Kent and Medway
- Patron of the Medway Branch of the National Osteoporosis Society
- Honorary Member of Bradfields School Student Council
- Vice President of Kent branch of Campaign to Protect Rural England
- Patron of Peter’s Place
- Independent Chair of Medway Council’s Physical Disability Partnership Board
- Patron of Blenheim CDP: The London Drug and Alcohol Agency
- Patron of the Halpern Charitable Foundation
There are also a large amount of local charities and initiatives that Tracey has been invited to support, these include;
Lordswood Against Asbestos, Silverline, Radio Caroline Medium Wave Campaign, Headsmart, RSPCA Medway, Peters Place, Caring Hands, Royal Voluntary Service, Royal British Legion Village, British Heart Foundation, Community Heartbeat Trust, Computers for Africa, Breakthrough Breast Cancer, PupAid, Talking Buses, Medway Carers Centre, Alzheimer's Society, National Osteoporosis Society, Guide Dogs for the Blind, Macmillan Cancer Support, Beat Bullying, Anti-bullying Alliance, Christian Nightlife Initiatives, The Big Lottery Fund, National Citizenship Service, Carers Week, Wear it Pink Campaign, Give Carers a Break Campaign, Show Racism the Red Card, Teach First, The Heart of Kent Hospice, Abbeyfields, Rehab, Save St Mary's Boxing Club, Age UK, Age Concern, Princes Trust for Carers, NET Project, NARCO Services, Medway Community Healthcare, Alcohol Concern, Swanswell, League Against Cruel Sports, Save Me, Lullaby Trust, Independent Age, Cats Protection, Alheimer's Research UK, Holocaust Memorial Day, Community Mothers, The National Autistic Society as well as many others including Guides and Scouts groups.
If you have an initiative that you feel Tracey would be interested in supporting please email her with the details.